1978 Ahwahnee Survival Camp
Alternative Course Method
Some of the comments from the course evaluations include:
- Better food
- More realistic
- More living off the land
Perhaps the food list could be changed to:
- 3 cup-o-soup packets
- 3 oatmeal packets
- 3 instand cocoa packets
- 3 bullion cubes
The equipment list (partial) could include:
- 1 day hike pack (to carry all gear)
- 1 poncho
- 1 space blanket (wool blanket not allowed)
- 1 sierra cup
- 1 canteen
- 1 fork
- 1 spoon
In-camp instruction on Sunday and Monday, primarily by slides, could include:
The rest of the week might look as follows:
- Tuesday - Hike to PC2000 and Holcomb Creek. Practice skills and traps.
- Wednesday - Traps and skills at Holcomb Creek.
- Thursday - Hike up Deep Creek. Rappel somewhere on Deep Creek. Solo
at valley of the Dead Giants.
- Friday - Pick up late afternoon from solo. Evening feast.
Back to My 1978 Ahwahnee Survival Camp page.
Back to My Wilderness Survival page.
Copyright © 1978, 2000 by Bill Qualls. Last updated March 9, 2000.